Dr. Paul Mabry talks all things meat, alcohol, addiction, insulin resistance and much more!
(***I will go ahead and apologize for the delay in our conversation and if it sounds like I am interrupting him, I promise I didn’t mean to, but wanted to jump ahead so there wouldn’t be even more of a delay in our conversation. We were having trouble hearing each others delay as well. My apologies also to Dr. Mabry!)
Dr. Paul Mabry is a retired family medicine doctor, a writer and producer of several audiobooks, which I will link to in the show notes, an avid hiker, motorcyclist, car guy, tennis medalist, and at 67 years of age does it all on a zero carb meat rich diet!
Additionally, he just celebrated 3 years of eating nothing but meat, eggs, cheese and butter and drinking nothing but water, tea and coffee without milk or
We talk about:
– Is alcohol a good idea on an all meat diet?
– Cocaine and drug addiction and what it stems from in the brain.
– Is Zero Carb right for everyone?
– Was there really a culture that ate pure meat only?? And why women ate differently from men.
– Why plant foods made Dr. Mabry feel like he can’t stop eating…and how zero carb regulated his appetite
– How digestion affects the brain with regard to his article “Can Your Own Mind Make You Sick”
– His reference to Richard Gevirtz, and breathing to lower stress: https://thequantifiedbody.net/heart-rate-variability-biofeedback-richard-gevirtz/
– Dr. Robert Lustig’s Book, “The Hacking of the American Mind”. https://www.amazon.com/Hacking-American-Mind-Corporate-Takeover/dp/1101982586
Thank you Dr. Mabry so much for this wonderful podcast and I hope to look forward to many more!
You can find Dr. Mabry at www.borntoeatmeat.com
And also on Facebook at “Zero Carb Doc”.